Saturday, March 2, 2013

One Very Small Jewel


It’s all being taken away.
The things I used to do.
To be accepted and loved.
The things that became who I was.
The works. Stripped away.
And now I see a future fire.
Burning the dross.
Burning the things that I did for Him.
Burning and burning.
All the things that Me, Myself and I did.
Was it really for Him? Or was it for me?
For acceptance. For approval. For love.
Not for His. But from others.
It’s all going to be lit on fire one day and I start to worry….
“Will anything survive?” Will there be any jewels left for His crown?”
I can’t be sure what will be left.
Cause motives are always so mixed.
Life is so jumbled. Pain and sin it’s in everything.
It can’t be escaped. Not yet.
One day, yes. But not today.
And so I do not know how many of my acts will survive the flames.
But I do know of one that will.
It’ll be there after the fire subsides.
Something small, shining from among the ashes.
Because of grace.
At least one small gem to offer.
Wonderful, beautiful grace.
Without it I would not have even this one small jewel to give my King.
My Lord, Saviour and Father.
It’s the one thing that is surviving the fires in the-here-and-now.
The one thing that remains even when all else is being stripped away.
Sometimes it is very weak.
Sometimes it is demanding to be heard.
But it is always there.

Belief.


I believe.

Sometimes that is all I can do.
Some days there is only enough strength to do just that.

Believe.


Christ does all the rest any ways.
All the fruit.
It’s all His.
Who am I trying to fool?
The love, joy, peace, gentleness, patience, kindness, and self control.
Those are His acts, not mine.
And when the telling fires die down, if any jewels are left among the ashes.
They will all be His.
Cause you and I both know that they aren't there because of me.
And I will give them back to Him
And the tiny gem, that is my belief,  I'll give that to Him as well.
And I’ll thank Him especially for that one.
Cause without grace. Without mercy.
That jewel, no matter how small, would never shine.
Grace. Grace.
God’s Amazing Grace.
It would all be fire and brimstone without it.
And I am thankful.
It may be a small thankfulness at times.

But it is enough.

Thank you, Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment